Battery Tech Tow Truck Driver
Come be a part of a team with over 100 years of experience and tradition - AAA South Jersey! We are an organization committed to totally satisfying our members, the motoring public and the communities we serve.
We are looking for dynamic individuals to join our Fleet Team, located in Voorhees, New Jersey. This position will work in a four-county area: Camden, Gloucester, Cumberland and Salem.
Currently we are looking for:
- Tow Truck Driver
- Light Service/Battery
$500 Signing bonus. This bonus will be paid in two installments. The first $250 will be paid after reaching 30 days of employment, successfully completing training, and have no disciplinary warnings issued. The second installment will be paid after reaching 90 days of employment and having no disciplinary warnings issued.
Generous PTO, Affordable Health, Dental, Vision and Prescription coverage.
Days and hours to be discussed and based on business need.
All positions are required to work holidays.
The primary responsibility includes providing emergency roadside assistance to Club members and non-members. The position will operate a flatbed/tow truck vehicle or a light service vehicle. Services provided include flat tire replacement, jump starts, battery replacement, lock-out, air, gas and towing services. Driver will diagnose the problem with the primary goal of getting the member back on the road. Drivers should have knowledge of AAA products and services as well as some light mechanical knowledge and/or tow experience. Focus on response time, member satisfaction, safety, security, and quality standards are critical to the success of this role.
- Knowledge of automotive repair and service techniques
- Knowledge of towing procedures and practices
- Knowledge of our four-county coverage area
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Clean driving record and valid driver’s license
- Ability to lift and carry equipment weighing up to 75 pounds; bending, kneeling and balancing to inspect cars and change tires five to ten minutes at a time; and pushing on occasion.
- Exposure to noise from traffic, two-way radio on a daily basis. Must be physically able to drive assigned vehicle.
- Must agree to submit to drug testing (pre-hire, post incident & periodic).
- Required to pass a physical examination as required by the Department of Transportation or AAA South Jersey
- Previous experience operating a tow truck a plus.
- Must be available to workdays, nights, weekends, holidays and overtime.
- Ability to work in various weather condition
For consideration, please choose from the following options to submit your resume and cover letter. Please be sure to state the specific position for which you are applying.
• Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, or
• Fax to Human Resources at (856)-627-6038, or
• Send to AAA AAA South Jersey Human Resources Department, 700 Laurel Oak Rd. Voorhees, NJ 08043