Leading the way in river cruising
Award-winning AmaWaterways leads the way in river cruising on the great waterways of Europe, Southeast Asia and Africa with a growing fleet of 20 custom-designed river cruise vessels. AmaWaterways was founded in 2002 by 3 industry experts with the shared goal of offering luxury, all-inclusive river cruise vacations for travelers wanting a different type of cruise experience. Today, AmaWaterways boasts more than 22 itineraries plus immersive wine and art cruises.
AmaWaterways operates the finest fleet on the Danube, Rhine, Rhone, Seine, Douro, Main and Mosel rivers in Europe; the Ayeyarwady River in Myanmar; the Mekong River in Vietnam and Cambodia; and the Chobe River in Africa. In 2016, AmaWaterways is pleased to announce its newest itinerary, Taste of Bordeaux, sailing the Garonne and Dordogne rivers of France.
In Europe, AmaWaterways operates one of the youngest fleets in river cruising, including the AmaVista and AmaSerena (2015), AmaSonata and AmaReina (2014), AmaVida (2013), AmaPrima (2013) and the AmaCerto (2012). Other Europe river ships include the AmaVerde (2011), AmaBella (2010), AmaDolce and AmaLyra (2009); AmaDante and AmaCello (2008); AmaLegro (2007) and AmaDagio (2006). In 2016, AmaWaterways will be launching the AmaViola and AmaStella, sister ships to the award-winning Twin Balcony fleet.
The Southeast Asia fleet includes the custom built 124-passenger AmaLotus (2011) and the brand new, AmaDara (2015), featuring all balcony staterooms, sailing the Mekong River. The 56-passenger AmaPura (2014) is a custom-designed all-suite ship with private balconies, sailing the Ayeyarwady River.
In Africa, the 24-passenger Zambezi Queen (2009) sailing the Chobe River offers guests ultimate luxury in a safari-cruise program.
Each custom-designed vessel features an array of included amenities and complimentary extras including:
- Spacious staterooms with French balconies or revolutionary Twin Balconies
- In-room Entertainment-on-Demand system featuring an extensive music library, new release Hollywood movies, high-speed internet access and English language TV stations
- Ship-wide Wi-Fi access
- Whirlpool or pool with swim-up bar
- Spa, fitness room, hair salon
- Multiple dining venues, including The Chef’s Table specialty restaurant
- Complimentary wine, beer and soft drinks with every lunch and dinner
- Nightly onboard cultural entertainment
- Excursions at every port, as well as a choice of complimentary Limited Edition tours including culinary delights, guided bike tours and, new for 2016, hiking tours
- A fleet of bicycles to explore on your own
- Choice of walking tours including active, gentle and late risers
AmaWaterways offers a variety of theme cruises offering complimentary extra tours and activities, in addition to standard excursions. Themes include: Jewish Heritage, Jazz, Art, Beer and Wine. Each itinerary will be guided by a knowledgeable host through activities and discussions.
AAA Member Benefits include:
- $150 per person discount on cruises less than 14-nights, plus welcome amenity
- $300 per person discount on cruises 14 nights or more, plus welcome amenity
- Europe: Bottle of Wine and Box of Chocolates
- Southeast Asia & Africa: $25 per person onboard credit.
To book your AmaWaterways Vacation, call an AAA Travel Professional toll-free at 1-888-557-9AAA or stop by your local AAA office.
Special Savings in Europe & Asia
Save up to $2000 per Stateroom or Single Supplement Waived.
or call a AAA Travel professional toll-free 1-888-577-9222.