Premier Membership Guide
Premier towing benefits give you more distance per year. Now you’re entitled to get one free tow per household back to the responding AAA Facility or any destination of your choice anywhere up to 200 miles. All remaining service calls allow for tows up to 100 miles.
All roadside assistance benefits apply to your existing covered vehicles, except recreational vehicles or motorcycles.
If any service calls, or the 200 mile tow, are not used during a membership year, they cannot be accumulated and carried over to the next membership year.
For any towing miles in excess of 100 or 200 miles, as the case may be, members will pay for the excess mileage based on current AAA towing rates per mile. Premier members are covered for any tow truck tolls incurred during the tow.
Members can “save” their 200 mile tow at any time during a membership year by paying the current AAA towing rates per mile on tows over 100 miles.
Road service benefits are available 24 hours after membership purchase. Premier membership benefits are available seven days after payment is received for those purchasing a new Premier membership; Associate members added to an existing Premier membership; and Premier memberships reinstated after more than 30 days past due on dues payment.
1. Limited to (1) battery per household, per membership year.
2. Members who upgrade or join Premier membership must wait 7 days for all Premier benefits to take effect.
3. Battery must test “fail” with AAA South Jersey (071) to qualify for Premier Free Battery Replacement benefit.
4. The battery and cost of installation is free if AAA South Jersey (071) performs the service. Members may incur a charge for installation if battery installation is performed outside of AAA South Jersey (071) territory.
5. Only valid for eligible vehicles – some vehicle restrictions may apply. Not applicable to electric cars, hybrids, and multiple-battery vehicles. Call AAA South Jersey Emergency Road Service Assistance department at 800-298-6963 for vehicle eligibility.
6. Reimbursement is only available for battery models that AAA South Jersey (071) installs.
7. Member must contact AAA South Jersey (071) to request battery replacement before proceeding to 3rd party.
8. If a member is out of AAA South Jersey (071) territory, they will be responsible for purchasing the battery and submitting a reimbursement consideration form reimbursement consideration for Premier Free Battery Replacement benefit must be filed within 8 weeks of replacement with the original receipt.
9. Reimbursement consideration is effective for Premier Free Battery Replacement benefit up to $125.00 maximum beginning on 8/1/2021.
10. AAA South Jersey (071) reserves the right to decline reimbursement if proper process is not followed.
11. In the event AAA South Jersey (071) cannot replace a battery, the member must submit a reimbursement consideration form. Premier Free Battery Replacement benefit is subject to change without notice.
12. Battery service is available from 6 am – 11 pm. Certain restrictions may apply
Along with lockout service for your car, Premier members are eligible for Home Locksmith Service. If you accidentally lock yourself out of your home, or if your house keys are ever lost or stolen, you can now contact AAA. We’ll advise you of locksmith availability.
You can be reimbursed up to $100 for the expense of having a locksmith help you gain entry into your home. Members can be reimbursed for one home lockout service call per year per membership household. This service, however, only applies to a members’ primary residence.
AAA will reimburse the member up to $100 for the locksmith’s service call fee. To be eligible for reimbursement, the member must first place a service call to AAA, even if the member contacts a locksmith directly.
The household is allowed one Home Lockout Service per membership year and the costs of parts and labor are not covered.
If you, as a Premier Member, are involved in an accident or breakdown, a AAA Representative will assist you with making car rental reservations or other transportation arrangements. Premier members are entitled to (1) Ride Assist Transportation event per year where AAA will reimburse you for the first $20 of expense of the cab fare. Member is responsible for any additional cost, including tip and if Premier Member needs this benefit again within their billing cycle the Member is responsible for all expenses of the cab fare.
Also, as a Premier Member, you can receive verbal accident assistance at the time of an accident or breakdown. When the call is placed for Roadside Assistance, a AAA Representative will help by contacting family members, locate restaurants and find hotel accommodations.
Visit your local AAA South Jersey Travel Store to receive an additional 10% off the member-discounted price of all luggage.
Premier members can have 2 sets of photos taken without charge for use on:
Passports, visas, and international driver’s licenses, immigration documents, security documents, and press releases.
Premier members are eligible for one-day car rental when the member’s car is inoperable in conjunction with a non-collision covered towing event. This benefit applies to a compact through full-size vehicle (car class B-F) at participating Hertz locations in the U.S. and Canada, subject to availability. Standard rental qualifications apply, including age, driver and credit qualifications. The car must be returned to the location of rental. Taxes, fees, optional service charges such as refueling, are not subject to discount and are the responsibility of the renter. No coupons or promotions apply.
Premier Members, to initiate a claim or for questions, please contact Allianz Global Assistance at:
Toll free: 800-344-8386
All claims must be reported to Allianz Global Assistance within 30 days from the date of loss or as soon after that date as is reasonably possible. Once a claim is reported, a service associate will create a claim file and send you a claim form.
AAA Premier Trip Interruption Coverage benefit provides members with greater peace of mind when driving 50 miles or more from home. If your trip is delayed due to an Accident, mechanical breakdown, car theft, unexpected illness or injury, natural disasters or severe weather, you can be reimbursed up to $1,500 for covered out of pocket expenses, including meals, accommodations, and/or substitute transportation to continue your trip.
Who is eligible for coverage? All active Primary and Associate AAA Members are eligible for the Travel Insurance benefits and assistance coverage (the Master Policy) as summarized in this Summary Description. Eligible Members do not need to purchase travel through the AAA Travel Agency to be entitled to Travel Insurance Benefits. Such persons for whom premium has been paid by AAA are considered Insured Persons under the Master Policy.
When/Where/To Whom Coverage Applies
Coverage applies to the insured person and any covered traveler during each trip within the policy territory when the insured person is traveling by motor vehicle, rental car, common carrier, or a combination of these. The coverage will provide reimbursement for out-of-pocket expenses incurred by the insured person or covered traveler up to the limit specified in the Schedule of Benefits for:
i. The cost of additional accommodations and meal expenses: and (if applicable)
ii. The cost of substitute transportation to continue the trip.
The following conditions apply:
a. The expenses incurred must be due to an overnight interruption of the trip; and
b. Only expenses incurred within the first 96 hours of the initial interruption of the trip are covered.
What is Covered
1. Vehicle disablement due to mechanical breakdown (excluding tire trouble), verified by garage or repair facility or rental car company report.
2. Accident involving motor vehicle or rental car, verified by a police report.
3. Theft of motor vehicle or rental car, verified by a police report.
4. Illness, injury, or death of the insured person, covered traveler, insured person’s family member, or an individual that lives with the insured person (including being diagnosed with an epidemic or pandemic disease such as COVID-19).
The following conditions apply:
a. For interruptions due to illness or injury of the insured person or covered traveler, a physician must recommend that the person interrupt the trip due to the severity of the person’s condition.
b. For interruptions due to illness or injury of the insured person’s family member or an individual that lives with the insured person, the illness or injury must be life threatening, require hospitalization, or he or she must require the insured person’s care.
c. The insured person or covered traveler must not have traveled against the orders or advice of any government or other public authority at any location to, from, or through which the insured person or covered traveler is traveling during the trip.
5. Natural disaster.
6. Severe weather.
IMPORTANT: Please refer to the Schedule of Benefits to confirm the applicable limit.
The benefit will provide reimbursement for out of pocket expenses incurred by the Insured Person or Covered Traveler up to the limit specified in the Schedule of Benefits for:
1. The cost of additional Accommodations and meal expenses; AND (if applicable),
2. The cost of substitute transportation to continue the Eligible Trip.
Conditions of Coverage
The following conditions apply to this coverage part:
1. Overnight interruption of the Eligible Trip is required.
2. If the Trip Interruption is due to Illness or Injury of the Insured Person or Covered Traveler, a Physician must recommend that the person interrupt the Eligible Trip due to the severity of the person’s condition.
3. If the Trip Interruption is due to Illness, Injury or death of the Insured Person’s Family Member or an adult with whom the Insured Person resides who is not traveling with the Insured Person, the Illness or Injury must be life threatening, require hospitalization, or he or she must require the Insured Person’s care.
Limitations of Coverage
Only expenses incurred in the first ninety-six (96) hours from the initial interruption of the Eligible Trip are covered.
Coverage is not provided for any loss that results directly or indirectly from any of the following:
1. Alcohol or substance abuse or use, or conditions or physical complications related thereto;
2. War (whether declared or undeclared), acts of war, military duty, civil disorder or unrest;
3. Participation in professional or amateur sporting events (including training);
4. All extreme, high risk sports including but not limited to: bodily contact sports, skydiving, hang gliding, bungee jumping, parachuting, mountain climbing or any other high altitude activities, caving, heli-skiing, extreme skiing, or any skiing outside marked trails;
5. Scuba diving (unless accompanied by a dive master and not deeper than 130 feet);
6. Operating or learning to operate any aircraft as pilot or crew;
7. Nuclear reaction, radiation or radioactive contamination;
8. An epidemic or pandemic, except when an epidemic or pandemic is expressly referenced in and covered under Trip Interruption or Emergency Medical Transportation;
9. Pollution or threat of pollutant release;
10. Any unlawful acts committed by You or a Covered Traveler; or
11. Any expected or reasonably foreseeable events.
This guide to benefits is not a policy or contract of insurance, but is your most complete source of information. Please be sure to keep it in a safe place.
All information in this document is subject to the terms and conditions of the Master Policy, a copy of which is in the possession of the Policyholder. The terms and conditions of the Master Policy agree with the terms outlined in this guide to benefits. However, features and benefits are subject to change without notice.
You agree to use diligence in doing all things reasonably prudent to avoid or diminish any loss. Allianz Global Assistance will not unreasonably apply this provision to avoid claims hereunder.
How to File a Claim: Please gather the information below if you have a covered loss during your Covered Travel as it will be requested when you file a claim upon returning home. All claims must be reported to Allianz Global Assistance within 30 days from the date of loss or as soon after that date as is reasonably possible.\
Once you report a claim, the service associate will set up a claim file for you and send you a claim form. You must send written proof of loss, including any required information necessary to support the claim, to Allianz Global Assistance within 90 days from the date of loss, or as soon after that date as reasonably possible, and in no event, except in the absence of legal capacity, later than one year from the time.
Entire Contract; Changes. The entire contract is made up of the Policy, the Schedule of Benefits and the Policyholder’s Application, and any attached riders and endorsements.
Any change to the Policy must be: (1) made in writing; (2) signed by one of Our officers; and (3) attached to the Policy. No agent has authority to change the Policy or waive any of its provisions. Your consent is not needed to change the Policy.
Records. The Policyholder must maintain adequate records acceptable to Us and provide any information required by Us relating to this Insurance.
We will be permitted to examine and audit the records of the Policyholder that relate to the Policy at: (1) any time during the Policy term; and (2) within two years after the expiration of the Policy; or (3) until all claims have been settled or adjusted, whichever is later.
Clerical Error. If a clerical error is made, it will not affect Your coverage. An error will not continue Your coverage beyond the date coverage would end, if the error had not been made. After an error is found, We will take appropriate action. This may include adjusting, collecting or refunding premium.
Errors and Omissions. Clerical error or omission by Us to the Policyholder will not:
1. Prevent an eligible individual from receiving coverage, if the eligible individual is entitled to coverage under the terms of the Policy; or
2. Cause coverage to begin or coverage to continue for an individual when the coverage would not otherwise be effective.
If the Policyholder gives Us information about an individual that is incorrect, We will:
1. Use the facts to decide whether the individual meets the definition of an Insured Person and has coverage under the Policy and in what amounts; and
2. Make a fair adjustment of the premium.
New Entrants. All individuals added to an Eligible Class shown in the Schedule of Benefits are eligible for insurance under the Policy.
Representations. By accepting the Policy, the Policyholder agrees that:
1. The statements in Application made part of the Policy are accurate and complete;
2. Those statements are based upon the representations by the Policyholder; and
3. We have issued the Policy in reliance upon the Policyholder’s representations.
We rely on statements made by the Policyholder in the Application. If there is no fraud, the Policyholder’s statements: (a) are considered representations and not warranties and (b) will not be used to void the Policy or reduce any claim. We will not contest the Policy after it has been in effect for 2 years, except for fraud.
False Claim. If You make any claim knowing it to be false or fraudulent under any Coverage Part or Assistance Service, that Coverage Part or Assistance Service will no longer apply to You and Your claims thereunder will be forfeited.
Action against Company. No action at law or in equity may be brought to recover under the Policy until:
1. 60 days after We have been given written proof of loss in accordance with the requirements of the Policy; and
2. All terms and conditions of the Policy have been complied with.
Conformity With State Statutes. Any provision of the Policy that, on its effective date, is in conflict with the laws and regulations of the state in which the Policy was delivered is amended to conform to the minimum requirements of those laws and regulations.
Due Diligence. You must use due diligence and concur in doing all things reasonably practicable to avoid or diminish any loss or damage to the property insured hereunder. We will not unreasonably apply this provision to avoid claims.
Benefits Provided For Insured Persons and Covered Travelers Only. The insurance provided by the Policy are solely for the benefit of the Insured Persons and Covered Travelers. No other person or entity will have any legal or equitable right, remedy or claim for coverages or damages under or arising from the Policy.
No Benefit to Bailee. This insurance will in no way inure directly or indirectly to the benefit of any carrier or other bailee.
Subrogation. If We become liable for any payment to You under the Policy for losses suffered, We will be subrogated, to the extent of such payment, to all of Your rights and remedies against any party with respect to such loss, and will be entitled at its own expense to sue in Your name. You agree to assist Us, as it may reasonably require, in preserving its rights against those responsible for such loss, including but not limited to, executing all documents necessary to enable Us to bring suit in Your name.
No Assignment of Coverages. Your coverages under the Policy may not be assigned or transferred by You, and any rights which may arise under the Policy (including any claims made, or which may be made) may not be assigned or transferred by You either by operation of law or by contract, without Our prior written consent. Assignment or transfer by You of the coverages under the Policy without such prior written consent will void all coverage as to the assignor/transferor and assignee/transferee under the Policy.
Claim Forms. We will furnish claim forms to You within 15 days of receipt of a notice of claim. If these forms are not furnished within 15 days, You will satisfy this requirement by sending Us written proof of loss. This proof should include information sufficient to identify the applicable Insured Person, the Policy number, and a description of both the occurrence and the nature and extent of the loss.
Time of Payment of Claims. We will pay the claim after receipt of acceptable proof of loss. Claims will be paid in accordance with the payment of claims provision.
Payment of Claims. All claims will be paid to You, if living; otherwise to Your estate.
Any payment made in good faith will discharge Our liability to the extent of that payment.
Physical Examination. We, at Our own expense, have the right to have You examined as often as reasonably necessary while a claim is pending.
Accident – means an unexpected, unintended, unforeseeable event causing Injury or death to You or a Covered Traveler; or causing damage to the Motor Vehicle or Rental Car which prevents the vehicle from being driven.
Accommodations – means temporary lodging in an establishment licensed to provide temporary lodging to paying guests.
Common Carrier – means a company that is licensed to carry passengers on land, water or in the air for a fee, not including car rental companies.
Covered Traveler – means a person who is an Immediate Family Member and is traveling with You.
Eligible Trip – means a Trip which:
1. Does not exceed, and was not planned to exceed, 45 consecutive days;
2. Was intended to include at least one overnight stay;
3. For Trip Interruption, Vehicle Return, Stolen Baggage/Personal Effects, and Baggage: Is a driving Trip taken by Motor Vehicle or Rental Car; and
4. For all other coverages (including Emergency Medical Transportation, Repatriation of Remains, Travel Accident): Is a Trip taken by Motor Vehicle, Rental Car, Common Carrier, or a combination of these.
Family Member – The AAA member’s spouse, civil union partner or domestic partner; children and stepchildren (including children who are or are in the process of becoming adopted); children of your domestic partner; parents and step-parents; siblings; grandparents and grandchildren; in-laws (mother, father, son, daughter, brother, sister).
Illness – means a sickness, infirmity or disease that causes a loss that begins during an Eligible Trip.
Immediate Family Member – The AAA member’s spouse, civil union partner or domestic partner; children and stepchildren (including children who are or are in the process of becoming adopted), children of your domestic partner under the age of 21; parents, step-parents, siblings, grandparents, and grandchildren who reside with you.
Injury – means bodily injury caused by an Accident occurring during an Eligible Trip, and resulting directly and independently of all other causes in loss.
Insured Person – means a person:
1. Who is a member of an Eligible Class of persons as described in the Eligibility Class section of the Schedule of Benefits;
2. For whom premium has been paid; and
3. While covered under the Policy.
An Insured Person may be Primary or Secondary. Primary Insured Person is a AAA member possessing the primary membership in a household. Secondary Insured Person is any AAA member possessing an Associate membership in a household.
Mechanical Breakdown – means a mechanical issue which prevents the vehicle from being driven. Mechanical Breakdown does not include running out of gas, tire trouble or failure to perform routine maintenance.
Motor Vehicle – A self-propelled private passenger vehicle, or a towable trailer, which is a type both designed and required to be licensed for use on public roads. Motorcycles and recreational vehicles (such as motorhomes, campers, or similar) are included. The term motor vehicle does not include:
1. Trucks (except for pickup trucks and vans);
2. Motorbikes and all-terrain vehicles;
3. Off-road vehicles;
4. Vehicles that don’t have to be licensed;
5. Vehicles that are used for commercial or livery purposes, including limousines; or
6. Other conveyances.
Natural Disaster – means an event, including but not limited to wind storm, rain, snow, sleet, hail, lightning, dust or sand storm, earthquake, tornado, flood, volcanic eruption, wildfire or other similar event that:
1. Is due to natural causes; and
2. Results in widespread severe damage such that the area of damage is officially declared a disaster area and the area is deemed to be uninhabitable or dangerous.
Pandemic - An epidemic that is recognized or referred to as a pandemic by a representative of the World Health Organization (WHO) or an official government authority.
Personal Effects – means items that are regularly worn or carried and can include keys, identification card, wallet, watch, clothing and toiletries.
Physician – means a licensed practitioner of the healing arts acting within the scope of their license. The attending physician may not be: (a) an Insured Person; (b) an Insured Person’s spouse, civil union partner or domestic partner; (c) a person booked to accompany an Insured Person on an Eligible Trip; or (d) a person who is related to an Insured Person, an Insured Person’s spouse, civil union partner or domestic partner, child, parent, or sibling.
Policy Territory – means
1. For Trip Interruption, Vehicle Return, Stolen Baggage, and Baggage: Outside of a 50-mile radius from the insured person's primary residence but within the US, Puerto Rico, Mexico and Canada.
2. For all other coverages (including Emergency Medical Transportation, Repatriation of Remains, Travel Accident): Outside of a 50 mile radius from Your Primary Residence, worldwide.
Policyholder – means the organization to whom the Policy was issued.
Primary Residence – means Your permanent and main home for legal and tax purposes. It does not include any secondary or vacation home or residence.
Rental Car – means Motor Vehicle that is rented by You and evidenced by a car rental agreement. The term Rental Car does not include:
1. Motorcycles, Motorbikes and all-terrain vehicles;
3. Campers, trailers and recreational vehicles;
4. Off-road vehicles;
5. Vehicles that don’t have to be licensed;
6. Vehicles that are used for commercial or livery purposes, including limousines; or
7. Other conveyances.
Severe Weather – means
1. The local government or the National Weather Service issues an advisory against travel as a result of rain, snow or wind; or
2. A "state of emergency" due to weather is declared by the federal, state or local government.
A planned round-trip travel to and from a place at least 50 miles from the insured person’s primary residence. A trip does not include travel to receive health care or medical treatment of any kind, vehicle repairs, or commuting to and from work.
1. Does not exceed, and was not planned to exceed, 45 consecutive days;
2. Was intended to include at least one overnight stay;
3. For Vehicle Return: Is a driving trip taken by motor vehicle or rental car; and
4. For all other coverages: Is a trip taken by motor vehicle, rental car, common carrier, or a combination of these.
We, Us, Our – means, or refers to, BCS Insurance Company, including its authorized agents.
You, Your, Yours – means, or refers to, the Insured Person.
Terrorist event - An act, outside the context of declared or undeclared war or of any form of unrest or
civil disturbance, committed by one or more persons, neither enlisted nor commissioned in the armed forces of any nation state, for the express or implied purpose of achieving a political, ethnic, or religious goal which causes physical damage to humans, property or infrastructure.
For benefit questions or claim needs, contact Allianz Global Assistance at:
Toll free: 800-344-8386
Insurance coverage is underwritten by BCS Insurance Company under a Form No. Policy 53.213 (0421). Allianz Global Assistance is the licensed producer and administrator for this plan.