North America’s largest motoring and leisure travel organization
In 1902, the US. Motoring enthusiasts formed small auto clubs and nine met in Chicago on March 4, 1902, creating a national American Automobile Association with 1,500 members.
Did You Know?
You may have joined AAA for our world-class roadside assistance, but there are lots of benefits to being a AAA Member.
AAA South Jersey Gives Back
Our AAA Serves program takes our mission of helping people from the roadside to the heart of our communities, where we are needed the most.
Since its founding in 1902, the not-for-profit, fully tax-paying AAA has been a leader and advocate for the safety and security of all travelers. Over the years, AAA has become recognized as:
- The nation’s leading provider of roadside assistance and automotive-related expertise.
- The world’s largest publisher of travel information and one of the world’s largest leisure travel agencies.
- One of the most active advocates for the welfare of the traveling public.
- One of the fastest growing financial products and services organizations in the United States.
- A top performer in the life insurance industry.