Quick Tips for a Smooth Car Rental Experience
Hertz offers a safe, fast and easy car rental experience from pick-up to return. Here is what you need to know before you go:
1. Travel safely: Now more than ever, getting on the road safely is important. When you are considering travel, you should feel reassured knowing your car has been thoroughly cleaned for you. The Hertz Gold Standard Clean seal ensures you are the first inside following an enhanced 15-point cleaning process. Rip the seal and experience extra peace of mind.
2. Book concurrently: Reserve your rental at the same time you are making other travel arrangements like air and hotel. Remember to book early to ensure you’re receiving the best rates. For airport rentals, be sure to include your flight number, airline carrier and scheduled arrival time to protect your reservation if the flight is delayed.
3. Search location options and availability: If you need to book last-minute and have flexibility, you may find car rental availability outside of high-volume areas during seasonal or holiday travel periods (e.g. neighborhood locations may have more availability when airport volumes are high). Hertz has thousands of convenient neighborhood locations across the U.S. that offer a free pick-up service.
4. Plan your trip ahead of time: Planning in advance will ensure you have adequate time to determine the best routes to navigate unfamiliar areas and get the best possible travel deals. Pre-pay for your Hertz car rental and AAA Members take an extra 10% off.
5. Choose the best vehicle for your needs: There are a wide range of vehicles to choose from. Choose a car type based on the purpose of your trip and number of travelers, as well as accompanying luggage. Choose the exact car you want to drive from the car class you reserved or upgrade to a different one at Hertz Ultimate Choice® locations.
6. Join a loyalty program: Join Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® for free and enjoy special benefits that make your rental faster, easier and more rewarding. Take advantage of faster pick-up and return, exclusive offers and earn points toward free rentals. Hertz Gold Plus Rewards members access exclusive Hertz Ultimate Choice areas that comprise an even wider selection of vehicles and car classes to choose from when they make a reservation for a mid-size car or above.
Renter age: The minimum age to rent a car is typically 25 years old, but it varies based on state regulations. However, Hertz rents cars to licensed drivers with credit cards age 20 and up. There may be a fee associated based on the type of car and rental location. Hertz waives this fee for AAA members.
7. Consider insurance & convenience options:
Hertz provides a wide range of optional protection plans to meet your travel needs. Check with your credit card and car insurance policy prior to renting to see what types of coverage or protection they offer for rental cars. Choose from a variety of convenience options such as child seats, SiriusXM satellite radio and more.
8. Pick up your car: Be sure to bring the credit card associated with the reservation and your driver’s license. Skip the counter and go straight to your car at more than 50 airport locations worldwide and simply show your driver’s license at the exit gate if you are a Hertz Gold Plus Rewards member.
9. Familiarize yourself with your car: Before you leave the lot, ensure you can find and operate all controls, know where USB ports are located, connect your cell phone to Bluetooth and turn on the radio for your upcoming drive.
10. Return your car: Become familiar with the fueling options available at pickup before leaving the rental lot. Hertz offers several convenient fueling options, so you don’t have to worry about refueling the vehicle. Get on your way faster with Hertz’s eReceipts and Express Return service by simply providing a valid email address when booking or at the time of pick-up.
11. Book with Hertz for exclusive savings and benefits with a AAA membership: AAA Members receive up to 20% off base rates at Hertz neighborhood and airport locations. Additional benefits include:
- No additional driver fee for AAA members
- Free use of one child safety seat
- No young renters fee for AAA members ages 20-24
- Special daily rate of $6.99 per day for navigational system
- 50% off SiriusXM® satellite radio